Saturday, October 4, 2008

When Opportunity Knocks....

U better answer that shit......
I recently got an opportunity to be the assistant for thee great Reggie Andrews! What a dude. He's kewl.
He has his moments, but he's kewl.
You probably don't know who this dude is....
Well alright.
U know that song, "whip it babe, just whip it right, whip it babe, whip it all night"
Courtesy of Mr. Andrews!
He used to be the recording engineer for Earth, Wind, and Fire.
Haha how awesome!
He used to mix down their albums!
Well my mom is old friends with the guy
Like last year or so she heard him on the radio asking for kids who were serious about music
That turned into me rehersing with his jazz band at Locke
Learned a lot from that
Next thing u know he calls me outta the blue asking for referals to kids from my school, colored kids, who play string instruments. He was putting together an all colored orchestra to play for Malcom Jamal Warner.
Yes! Theo Huxtable!
If u didn't already know he does spoken word
Very beautifully I must add
And he plays bass
So this orchestra is gonna play live with malcoms band at this event
Like a concert really
Lotsa great musicians and artists performing
And I've gotten the OPPORTUNITY (key word for today) to assist Mr. Andrew in his duties.
Don't know exactly what that means but I know its a great opportunity
First off, the music sounds great, so that alone was enough to get me to participate
You know I don't get too many chances to work with musicians, you know, who actually play INSTRUMENTS let alone musicians of other genres.....
This will not be passed up.
And B, I'm getting paid!
I accepted befor I knew so don't go there....
But mulaaaaaa, that does definitely help

But damn it. There's always a conflict isn't there....
Quite minor, but conflicts nonetheless.
First, I'm missing YBS.....
Didn't wanna do that
Plus I heard their taking a psat.....
WTF! Why on the same day do these things have to occur.....?
Number 2.
Its raining.
And of course.....
The event is outside.
and to pile on top......
I'm in the hair salon, as I type, getting my hair done.
This should be interesting.....

No comments: